The source project of this merge request has been removed.
New GenericDetectors directory structure and Digi libs.
- Added new structure to GenericDetectors
- Building Separate digitization libraries.
- Started to follow "modern cmake" build style.
- The directory structure and library grouping is a work-in-progress.
- The DD4hep detectors (ie *_geo.cpp) and digi library sources are in the same directories but broken down by type (e.g. trackers, calorimeters, beamline, etc...)
- Ideally we will document every parameterized detector's usage, but where this documentation should live is not obvious.
- Currently I am thinking the documentation should be in a "doc" directory, but I am not sure this is ultimately best...
- Furthermore the compact examples to match probably should go with this too ...
Below is the directory structure envisioned (and halfway implemented)
`GenericDetectors ├── beamline # beamline builds two libraries: detector and digitization │ ├── cmake # holds only xxxxConfig.cmake.in │ ├── include │ └── src ├── calorimeters # calorimeters builds two libraries: detector and digitization │ ├── cmake # holds only xxxxConfig.cmake.in │ ├── include │ └── src ├── compact # not sure this is the best place └── trackers ├── cmake ├── compact # this might be a better "compact" directory ├── doc ├── include └── src
Maybe we don't even want a "compact" directory and the xml files should just live in "doc" or "examples"